CATAPULT – Agile Business Intelligence Pilots and POCs in Two Weeks
Many organizations struggle with that first step into business intelligence and business performance measurement. They face questions like, “How do we know what it will do for us?” and “How do we get our senior management to see the value and understand our vision?” Catapult is for these organizations. Catapult engagements rapidly deliver small-scope, usable, pilot business intelligence systems. These systems connect to your live data sources and jump start you into business intelligence.
The Target Audience
Catapult systems can serve:
- IT and data managers working to introduce BPM / BI to their organizations
- Departmental managers who must quickly put analytics into place
- Managers interested in analyzing internal data tied to data from an external source
- Small to mid-sized organizations looking to economically and quickly move into business performance measurement and business intelligence
Catapult can be applied to an infinite variety of industries and applications. For example:
- SALES FORCE MANAGEMENT: Implement a performance monitoring system to compare the performance of sales team members over time and along a variety of dimensions.
- PROFITABILITY & MARGIN ANALYSIS: Instantly identify the profitability of customers and products across dimensions and at various levels in the margin waterfall.
- MARKETING EFFICIENCY: Analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and web properties to determine which are generating interest, and which are not.
- OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: Quickly determine which operational processes are satisfying your key performance measures and which need greater attention.
- INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: Instantly see which SKU’s are moving, and need to be restocked, and which are just taking up shelf space without providing any return.
- YOU NAME IT: Apply Catapult to any situation where the performance of an organization or business process must be analyzed, understood, and optimized.
How long does a Catapult effort usually take?
While each organization has different needs, our goal with Catapult is to complete the system in two weeks.
Does Catapult deliver a “throw away” prototype?
No, Catapult delivers a small scale, working system. It is intended to be used to solve real-life business problems. You can expand on it, building it out into a larger, more comprehensive system over time.
What technologies does Catapult employ?
The standard Catapult approach uses QlikView, the leading in-memory business intelligence tool. However, the Catapult methodology can be modified to accommodate other BI technologies.
Does Catapult connect to “live” data?
While it is certainly possible to build a Catapult system using ‘offline’ or sample data, these systems are more compelling if they draw their data directly from live, corporate databases.
Can Catapult integrate data that comes from multiple sources?
Want More Information?
To speak with someone about your needs and whether Catapult might work for you, call us at (734) 761-5962 and select option 1 at the prompt or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.